Relax, Ken will give details on submission soon
The form for submitting your blog location is up! Please fill out this form (I know, I hope this is almost the last form) here: http://kenscourses.com/OpenFlipWinter2015/register/
Remember the special video hangouts with super-awesome guests from the Flipped Learning Community!
Wednesday at 8:30pm (Guadalajara time) we have Crystal Kirch, Katie Lanier, Brian Bennett and Audrey McLaren. See the page at https://plus.google.com/events/cglk29e788rfgioglslq719ndl8
Thursday at 1:15pm (Guadalajara time) we have Kate Baker and Troy Cockrum. See the page at https://plus.google.com/events/cglk29e788rfgioglslq719ndl8
This Week's Videos
Setup Your Environment
Much of this was discussed in the "Get Started" page but I will repeat it here.
Before we get to recording your first thoughts we will need you to setup three systems, some of these you may already have in place
- Twitter - See the page about this for our course.
- Blog - The easy option is one of WordPress, Blogger or if you are Tecnológico de Monterrey affiliated, Ken can set you up here.
- YouTube account - Make sure you can login to YouTube and this will give you an account to upload videos to.
Initial Thoughts on Flipped Learning
Please document your thoughts of the topic (Flipped Learning) and your goals during the course. Include any fears, hopes, doubts, experiences (good and bad) and how you think FL can (or cannot) address these for you and your classes. See below for details of how to do this.
You will submit this in two formats: written (Blog Post) and video (YouTube or similar)
- Post a short essay (How long? Long enough, a single page even) of your thoughts on this to get them into written format. Video is great, but the written word creates a different type of reflection and also is much more amenable to searching. Please post this to your blog and also include in your blog the tag (or category) #Unit0
- Post a short (30 seconds - 1 minute) video screen capture/recording of your reflections on the topic. Please post to YouTube (you can leave it as 'unlisted' or make it public, your choice) and post the link to your reflections here in the comments for all to view or you could also embed that YouTube video in your blog post.
After Submission, Please Interact
This (and each of the assignments) is divided into three pieces. I divide them in order of importance (mostly) to our learning as a group.
- Discuss here PLEASE! It is important to have our own reflections on the material but just as important for ourselves and our colleagues is to share our point of view and see those of others. You should at least have a summary of what your submission is.
- Also, feel free to start using Twitter for discussing with the participants in the course. Remember to use the hashtag #OpenFlip when posting so others in this course will see those posts go by in their Twitter Stream.
This Week's Activities
- Monday - Ken will release a video explaining this same page in video format.
- Wednesday (2pm-3pm Guadalajara Time): Office hours with Ken, in person in my office on campus (EIAS V) as well as recorded via a Google Hangout on Air. Link available soon.
*New* Office Hour link here https://plus.google.com/events/c6kgmf2rs6c5sipgqki79bhk0hg
- Wednesday (8:30pm-9:00pm Guadalajara Time): Video session with some experts on Flipped Learning. Please join us live or provide questions ahead of time for the experts by leaving a comment on this page. Click the link for more info.
- Thursday (1:15pm-1:45pm Guadalajara Time) - Another video session with different experts. Join us live or leave questions. Click the link for more info.
- Friday (8am-9am Guadalajara time): another office hours session with Ken. In person and via GHO. Link available soon.
*New* Office Hour link here https://plus.google.com/events/cvi43buphvdtmhf75lboqtvonkk
If you have questions, contact Ken. The best mode is via Twitter by tagging Ken in a post (@ken_bauer) or sending a Twitter direct message (DM). The other option is via email with kenbauer at gmail dot com.