Yes, Wake Up
The natural flow of a semester is week one is settling in, week two is getting comfortable and week three is #OhMyExamsInTwoWeeks. So this will be short (at late, my apologies).
- Be on time for class. Respect the others that do arrive on time please. There is no required attendance for this class but there is an expectation of contribution to the community learning. Attendance is important to create that community as well. Note that attendance plays a small part in your self grading rubric.
- The Mastery topics are ALL the topics for the course, some were thinking I only released the work for a few weeks or the partial. Nope, that is everything (minimal, you should push to do more).
- You should be blogging and getting comfortable doing it. Don’t just do the minimum (again, that point). Dig deep, find the details in multiple locations, look at other posts by your classmates (I admit that you will NOT have time to read them all).
- Read OTHER students’ posts. Tell them thank you, comment on their blog and share a good post you find via Twitter using hashtag #TC1019 or any other social media you choose to show others examples of good work.
- Visit Ken in his office or somewhere not in class. This is part of your self-grading rubric. You should aim for at least once each partial and three or more visits in the semester. Can be about the course and often students talk to me about non-course material which is actually more important. Make an appointment via this link.
- Be a student #AllTheTime but remember #LifeBalance. You should be constantly thinking about your studies, not just when “studying”. Your education is your life, your life is learning. Remember of course to have fun, get involved in other activities on campus and most importantly: help other people.
tldr: plus more video brings more emotion to the discussion. Also, live from Starbucks on campus.
Ask me in class, ask me out of class, ask others as well and come visit, I am here to help you learn and grow.
Week 03 – Wake Up by Ken Bauer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.