Week Twelve, another exam week
We are in exam weeks (last week and this) and then Ken will be away for three classes with you during November for two conferences. Please be sure to be pushing yourself as well as keep in contact with myself and your colleagues via Twitter, Slack and all other methods!
- Class as usual on Friday October 28th. We will be discussing tools for a new software development project.
- No class on Tuesday November 1st and Friday November 4th. Ken will be at the The 13th Annual Open Education Conference. You can see my schedule here, follow along on Twitter with #OpenEd16 and I will be blogging about what I did that week for the conference.
- Classes as usual November 8th and 11th.
- No class Tuesday November 15th and Friday November 18th. Ken will be a keynote at the FlipCon Adelaide Conference in Australia.
- Remember, this is student-centered learning, you need to drive the learning and ensure that I (and classmates) are helping you get what you need and pushing you to keep learning.
- Keep an eye on this page but even more important, be sure that you are watching our Slack Channel. You could install the app for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows Desktop, Mac or just check the course slack page once a day or so.
- I will keep posting to Twitter since it brings in outside perspective to our work and helps expose you to your growing Personal Learning Network. I invite you to do the same.
- (updated) The Rubric for partial#2 is released, go check it out here.
- There will be more readings assigned that I suggest (based on request). As always not required but I will assign only readings (and/or videos) that I feel are appropriate and well written for you.
- We discussed Complexity and Complicated.
- We listened to this audio, please listen and blog about this.
- Why is everything so complicated? (Hint: because it is)
- We will be discussing what tools you would need (hypothetical) for your new super software project.
- In teams of 4 or so people
- Not just what types of software and tools but which specific tools.
- We will use the whiteboards and markers.