History of software engineering
- It first started in the 1950's when software separated from hardware.
- They started to reclute programmers that where working as hardware engineers.
- Software engineering was encouraged by the software crisis of the (1960's, 1970's and 1980's) which was a term used to describe the hard time programmers has when writing useful and efficient computer programs in time.
- the 1990's gave rise to the Internet and to a fast growth in the demand for e-mail systems on the World Wide Web. There also was a growth on browser usage that ran on HTML, changing the way information displayed/ retrieval was organized.
- 2000's rapid growth in the demand for inexpensive software solutions led to the expansion of faster and lighter methodologies that developed running software, such as Extreme Programming.
- Software engineering today is currently rated as the best job in America by Money Magazine.
Source & links: