According to Techopedia, the Software Configuration Management is a way in which some of the organizations act when new changes are implemented in the company. It’s a software control management, it helps the company to control the new systems. The Software Configuration Management has some advantages, such as:
- Reduced redundant work.
- Effective management of simultaneous updates.
- Avoids configuration-related problems.
- Facilitates team coordination.
- Helps in building management; managing tools used in builds.
- Defect tracking: It ensures that every defect has traceability back to its source.
The Software Configuration Management exists since 1950, when the Configuration Management was integrated to the software development. At the beginning, all the processes were made by manual operation. With the time, the SCM became more popular because of the implementation of software in daily life. SCM now is a tool to manage processes and help people to adapt to changes when new systems appear.
If you want to continue reading where does the Software Configuration Management emerge, go and visit the following link: https://rmzkrieg.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/scm-where.