This is a simple list that I intend to come back and update/edit as we go through the semester. I encourage you to suggest more via the comments below our via a Tweet using #TC2027 and #Tools
- Rescuetime, where is your time going? Fun to look at after about a month of use.
- IP Tables. Setup a firewall on a Linux machine and watch the logs. What traffic is going out and coming in? Why?
- Setup a cheap router with open source firmware like DD-WRT or Tomato
- Port Scanners and Intrusion detection, find your favourite tools but do *not* scan networks without permission.
Week 5 Activity (Sept 7)
Public Private Key Pairs, links follow
What to do?
- Generate your key pair
- Have a signing party
- Encrypt and/or sign to multiple people
- What happens if you lost your private key (or password to private key)? On no, what should you do?
Week 6 Activity (Sept 15)
Encrypt a directory on your hard drive and even better how about your Dropbox folder?
Tools by Bauer Ken is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.