Starting October 19, registration open now
Sign up to receive information on this next session (or a future session) of the Open Course on Flipped Learning.
Recommend video viewing to help understand the format of this course.
This is a fully online course which will introduce you the to four pillars of Flipped Learning. The participants will be expected to contribute their reflections on Flipped Learning in writing and through video as well as commenting with the other participants in the class. Anyone can participate here and you will get out of this what you put in.
Course start date is Monday October 19th and will run for 8 weeks (approximately), see the Schedule menu for more. We will start with a week zero and you can join in (or drop out) anytime you want.
We will publish more details here soon but for now you can get ready by setting up the following:
- Be sure to have a Twitter account ready. If you already have one, that is great, if not you should set one up at the Twitter website.
- You will be writing your assignments on your own web log (Blog). If you have one already, that is great or you may want to setup a new one for this course. There are many options to choose from depending on your style choice and needs. Options include
- WordPress - a popular open source blogging platform which is what we use for this site. You can use their free hosted service or download the software to run on your own server.
- Blogger - another free blog hosting service provided by Google.
- Known - another free hosted service providing an #indieWeb platform to host your content and "push" to other services including Twitter, Facebook and more.
- You will be creating videos of yourself so will need access to a device to take videos of yourself. You could use any video camera including your phone, tablet or the web camera on a laptop or desktop computer. In order to share your videos with others we highly recommend publishing to YouTube, so you will need a Google account for that. Many of you already have one, so just try logging in at http://youtube.com