We do things a bit differently, and that's the way we like it!
We will publish more details here soon but for now you can get ready by setting up the following:
- Be sure to have a Twitter account ready. If you already have one, that is great, if not you should set one up at the Twitter website.
- You will be writing your assignments on your own web log (Blog). If you have one already, that is great or you may want to setup a new one for this course. There are many options to choose from depending on your style choice and needs. Options include
- WordPress - a popular open source blogging platform which is what we use for this site. You can use their free hosted service or download the software to run on your own server.
- Blogger - another free blog hosting service provided by Google.
- Known - another free hosted service providing an #indieWeb platform to host your content and "push" to other services including Twitter, Facebook and more.
- You will be creating videos of yourself so will need access to a device to take videos of yourself. You could use any video camera including your phone, tablet or the web camera on a laptop or desktop computer. In order to share your videos with others we highly recommend publishing to YouTube, so you will need a Google account for that. Many of you already have one, so just try logging in at http://youtube.com
Register for more information
Get Started by Ken Bauer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.