Hiya there! If you’re reading this, either you somehow got into this page by clicking in some weird place, or for some unknown reason you actually want to read what I’m writing in here. So, whatever the reason, welcome!.
So, might as well write some small introduction in here so you can at least know who I am. My name is Daniel Rubio, 20 years old (21 in a week, yay!), software engineer student in the ‘marvelous’ school that is Tec de Monterrey, here in Guadalajara. I’ll list a couple thing I like since that should help me go a little bit in depth about each of them:
- Reading. One of the things I completely love to do. In this aspect I do have to clear a prejudice that a lot of people have, and that is that I only like to read the genders I enjoy, meaning that no, I’m not an expert in all themes or cultural stuff. For me, reading is about inmersing yourself in a whole new world (Aladdin vibes? anyone?), imagining yourself in the current place the characters are right now, feeling like you’re right next to them in whatever they’re doing, grieving for characters that have been with you throughout the entire book, but were killed just a couple pages ago. As you can maybe imagine now, my favorite gender for novels is science fiction, so I’mma throw a few recommendations for you to maybe read one of these days if you feel like it.
- – Insignia (by S.J. Kincaid) – 3 books series
- – The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (by Michael Scott) – 6 books series
- – Tunnels (Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams) – 6 books series. This one is a small hidden gem, slightly slow start for the first book but it has an amazing concept.
- – Percy Jackson books (Rick Riordan) – 15 books, divided in 3 series of 5 books each. This might seem like a BIG amount of books, but believe me, they are completely worth it, you can learn a lot of mythology stuff, have a good time and enjoy a lengthy plot.
- If you ever read one of these because of this blog, tell me how you liked them! I always enjoy talking about books i’ve read before.
- Team sports. This is kind of general, and it doesn’t include all team sports, but I can safely say that I enjoy a lot of them, included amongst those are soccer, basketball, handball and water polo. I also enjoy some other individual stuff, but that’s mostly for the times I don’t have the time to spend some time with friends doing the other ones.
- Videogames. This shouldn’t be all the way down here, since it’s pretty much one of my main things, but welp, I don’t really care. For this, I’m not sure how to go on detail, but I can say that my favorite genders are rpg’s, mmo’s, survival and adventure games, and sandbox, that’s not to say that I dont enjoy other gender’s, but I’m always gonna try a game if it’s in that list. I’ll throw a few personal favorites so you can try them out and tell me if you liked them!
– Borderlands franchise (1 to 3, also try the telltale one).
– Subnautica, survival game in the ocean, reaaaally scary but it’s amazing!
– Modded minecraft (have you ever built a completely automated system that can create whatever item you want? It takes a lot of thinking and designing, even some small knowledge of networks! it’s amazing)
– Albion Online, mmorpg, sandbox style that lets you do anything you want, you’ll need a guild to play the game to the fullest, tho.
– Terraria, kind of the step-brother of minecraft, but on a more adventure-like environment.
– PERSONAL FAVORITE, Kingdom Hearts (there’s a lot of games in here, all part of the story), this one personally had me ever since I was a child, combining Disney and Final Fantasy characters doesn’t sound like a good idea, but believe me, it was a complete success. I mean, just look at how epic this looks!
– Dark Souls, hard but incredibly enjoyable.
– Dont starve together, another survival.
– ARK survival evolved, once again, another survival, in a dinosaur island.
– Final Fantasy XIII (there’s the normal one, part 2, and part 3), all three games really good, it’s an rpg.
I could keep going, but I’ll just stick with those.
- Programming. I guess this one comes a bit with the job of being a software engineering, but I mean, there IS some people that work in this industry and don’t like to do it, so there’s that. I still don’t have a lead on what I want to end up doing, but the only thing I can safely say I dislike, is web development, nope, nope and more nopes, that is not for me, i’d rather make some nice project making some sort of app or tool that helps you with something, like the car agency management that I did in Java, my videogame done in Unity with C#, a mobile app with Java and Android Studio (so far, I think the most complex project I’ve done), and some other smallish project done mostly with Java and a few tools like apex from oracle, and cisco packet tracer.
I’m kind of extending this a bit too long, so just to end it, I’ll add that I’m always happy to meet new people, so don’t hesitate to ever contact me, whatever the reason. Cheers!