Hello again folks!, this is me again presenting the most common standards in quality software, so get a seat and prepare for it. CMMI TSP/PSP ISO-15504 MOPROSOFT IDEAL method
Hi all!, this is the first entry for my class at the Software Quality & Testing topic, this is kind of an introduction so hope you enjoy it! What is software Quality? Well, everyone at the beginning have done some coding that are not so proud of or are just not that much comfortable doing... Continue Reading →
When we are developing an app, it is very important that we make sure it works as we want. We must check that every one of our requirements is correct. For this, we use the Software Quality.
When we talk about software quality we refer to similar concepts:
- Software Functional Quality, which means that the software compiles according to a given design, and based on the functional requirements.
- Software Structural Quality refers how it meets with the non-functional requirements.
Software Quality Atrributes Aproach
Focus on Process
Software Quality focus on the whole process of software development, this as its name says, ensure the quality of the whole process. Software development is done by different stages, thats way in order to achieve quality, you need to ensure that in the processes of a software product every step is done careful and target to satisfy the customers requirements.
Ensuring Software Quality
Making sure everything in the project works in an excellent way is hard to get. That’s why there exist many methodologies that help us to be sure our work is doing perfect.
The Quality Assurance
This method implements a systematic plan of all actions needed to provide adequate confidence that an item or product conforms to establish technical requirements:
- Plan and establish the process related objectives and determine the processes that are required to deliver the product.
- Development and testing of Processes and also “do” changes in the processes
- Monitoring of processes, modify the processes, and check whether it meets the predetermined objectives
- Implement actions that are necessary to achieve improvements in the processes
The role of standards in Software Quality
One way of measuring software quality is precisely through standards, for example we have the Software ISO standard. The standards are a way to define how are we going to be working or on what we need to focus. It is a process that assures that all software engineering processes, methods, activities and work items are monitored and comply against the defined standards, and they are approved by some organisation.