There is an umbrella term for a set of methods and practices that are based on values and principles, expressed in the Agile Manifesto, that you will get to know in a bit. It is known as
The 12 principles that define it are:
- The priority is to satisfy the customer.
- Welcome changing requirements for the customer’s competitive advantage.
- Deliver working software with preference to the shorter timescale.
- Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
- Motivate the individuals that build the projects.
- Promote face-to-face conversation and sustainable development.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Agile processes promote interaction between sponsors, developers and users.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Best works come from self-organizing teams.
- The team becomes more effective and adjusts its behaviour.
There are also several agile project management frameworks such as:
But it isn’t only rainbows, order and friendly team work, there are some other downsides. You can find more about it HERE
Victor Najar & Carmina Pérez