- In class during exam time, we have a “normal” style exam using my exam system (see dates below).
- Like last partial, explain the concepts and calculate and submit your suggestion for your grade, this at the start of your exam and MUST BE HAND WRITTEN.
Do this HAND WRITTEN and bring to your exam date for me.
- Python group, here is your exam for printing if you lost of don’t have the copy I gave in class.
- C++ group, same thing, here is your file.
These all use official dates published by the campus.
- TC1014 (Python) Group 1 (10am Monday/Thursday) exam is Thursday April 7th in room 5202.
- TC1017 (C++) Group 1 (10am Tuesday/Friday) exam is Friday April 8th in room 5201
- TC1017 (C++) Group 2 (11:30am Tuesday/Friday) exam is Tuesday April 5th in room 5101
SUBMIT BEFORE Exam (HAND WRITTEN)
Show that you understand the following concepts (applied to the language of your version of the course). Yes, some are repeated from last partial to give overlap:
- How do you call functions?
- How do you define/create functions?
- How do you import and use libraries/modules?
- Explain conditionals and usage of if, else (and elif for Python)
- Explain the workings and use of while loops
- Explain the workings and use of for loop
- Explain the use of recursion for repetitive algorithms
- Explain when to use what type of repetition (for,while,recursion) in a program
- Explain the use of strings and operations on them
- Python: explain the use of lists and tuples
- Python: explain the use of ranges
- C++: explain the use of arrays
- C++: explain the use of vectors
What should your grade (scale of 1 to 100) be for partial #1 in this course? Why, this should be based on evidence that you have left here on this exam and in your blog posts about WSQs, quizzes, project work (TC1017 C++) and any other posts as well as participation in class and outside of class through comments on other blogs, Twitter and more.
A rubric will be provided here but you should be considering (scale of 0 to 4).
Version 2 of the rubric. I will have this printed and available for you to fill out for the exam.
Partial Exam #2 by Ken Bauer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.